+1 on Behri, they’re pretty much the only corporate devil in euroland. Buying from any other brand is a way to support the community :)
-- LYFoulidis

Except for when you can't. I can think of several Uli things that aren't exactly duplicated elsewhere, most notably the 2600 reissue and the CAT. While these are replications of existing devices, in those cases...

2600: Korg screwed up. Massively. The only 1:1 between their 2600s and Uli's is that ONLY the "limited edition" 2600 FS has the 3620 module onboard. Korg's 2600M doesn't have this, ergo I think it's something along the lines of "crippleware" at three times B.'s price.

CAT: You'll probably never even SEE one of these out in the world. The original Octave-Plateau one, that is. ARP sued this and the similar Kitten off the market back in the 1970s, claiming that they were copies of the Odyssey and Axxe respectively. They aren't, though...so in this case, Uli's the only practical game in town.

No, I don't think much of Uli and his behavior. Fact is, I think their brand would be better off if Uli were shunted off to some position where he's just a figurehead and CERTAINLY NOT a public spokesperson for his brand. This doesn't necessarily mean that ALL of Behringer's stuff is crap; I think the brand would be thought of a lot better if he'd simply STFU and let people such as Rob Keeble et al drive the car.