Hi CBD1000,

Well my name is Garfield Modular, so I prefer a modular solution if it's somehow possible within acceptable reasoning ;-) That's the reason why I not really looked outside of the Eurorack for sequencers... having that said... I actually did a bit. I have an Elektron - Analogue Four Mk II and though it has a great sequencer, the issue with that one is that it has only one direction type and that's forwards... now I also like to have a sequencer that can go backwards or can do random, the Five12 can do that not the Metron from WMD ;-) Just teasing you Sacguy71 ;-)

I also had a look at the Arturia - Keystep Pro but I preferred an "in the rack" solution hence my choice for the Five12 - Vector sequencer. If you use the Jack Expander extension module from Five12 then you can have MIDI in and out as well. Without that extension module you have two MIDI out (3.5 mm mini-jacks). The Vector has USB MIDI as well, so that's yet another MIDI connectivity you have with the Five12 - Vector sequencer (also without the extension module). I am not using it yet, but it's all possible, just download the manual from the Five12 website and check it out.

Good luck with the search for the "perfect" sequencer, once you have decided please let us know and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads