Thread: My 1st Rack

Actually, I would strongly suggest redoing this build. The reason is because many of the individual modules here can also be found in modules which have multiples of that same circuit. Case in point: the two VCAs on the second row...one each, takes up 16 hp. Yank those, put in one of the new versions of Veils, and suddenly you get FOUR VCAs...plus six more hp to play with.

There's a lot of this issue in the build. Take a good look at the various functions and then see how densely you can go in the same or less space. Also, you can drop the Doepfer MIDI interface...you won't have space here for four voices of polyphony. A better move would be something like an Expert Sleepers interface, which would then allow you to send CVs, gates, triggers, mod signals, etc directly from your DAW via a few different pieces of software. Or you can integrate a VCV Rack build with this with one of those.

Lastly, lose the Vermona modules. They're pointlessly expensive for what they do...plus, too damn big! Have a look at 4ms's QPLFO (12 hp! duty cycles from low audio out to 71 MINUTES!) instead of the quad LFO there, and Happy Nerding makes a 6 hp stereo balanced out with metering, headphone preamp, AND a second stereo input which would work like an FX return, with its own ganged stereo level pot. Or you could just as easily add the Befaco Hexpander, and then you'd get three FX loops, balanced I/O, metering, master level, and so on...although, really, you might find that a smaller performance mixer would make more sense if polyphonic operation isn't going to happen. Have a look at Toppobrillo's take on that.

The ideas are there...sorta. This needs a bunch of refinement, though.