this user has left ModularGrid

Hi there,

I am new as well to modular. I highly recommend the book Patch & Tweak. I bought this bible of modular recently and been reading it as I learn to patch my new system. Glad you are using vcvrack that is a great free learning tool. One thing that I highly recommend from your post, buy a bigger case than you think you will need. I started with a Doepfer A100 Basic system that had the core modules from Doepfer plus 84HP free. I already filled that free row of 84 HP and ordered a new case. Also, from looking at your rack setup, I don't see any VCAs or utility modules except for the one single VCA. I recommend a larger case at least 168HP in size 2-3 rows minimum so you can fit those in. You would benefit from a buffered multiple module, mixer that can blend CV and audio voltages, and an attenuator of some type plus a switch module. These are small cheap but essential modules and don't get the flashy coverage but will open up many new patch opportunities. For a case, some good low cost options are the Tip Top Audio Mantis case that gives a lot of space I believe 2xrows of 104HP each or the Doepfer 9u powered case.