Yah the Intellijel 7U seems like a really nice case. To keep the cost down just a bit, I may end up going with the Tiptop Audio Mantis, cost per HP seems more reasonable however I can definitely see the advantage of the Intellijel with those 1U modules and that nice aluminum chassis so that's something to think about for my build.

After taking a hard look at the original idea, and meeting up with a local musician that has a Eurorack setup, I have realized Eurorack and me for live work just does not gel, however it sparked some new ideas for the home studio.

First modules arrive tomorrow :) Starting with how I want to sequence (was able to find a Variatic Sequent which I really wanted, and I was able to find a Brain Seed, thanks for showing me this one mt3!). Next step I will figure out the case, then VCO, noise/random generator, VCA, filters, LFO, headphone out/line out, a logic module, etc etc

Here is the actual build so far...

ModularGrid Rack

Out of curiosity do people usually start a new thread when the rack idea totally changes? Or is it cool to keep this thread going?