Hello,
I am new to modulargrid, beautiful site indeed...

I want to make an eurorack system, to feed my NI Maschine based set up.I do not intend to make songs (I have never been good at it) but rather evolving sesions live like; anything between IDM, Acid and Dark Techno.

In the computer I will be using Maschine MK3 and JAM, Maschine software, reaktor blocks, Maschine Drumsynths and maybe will add Softube modular, as the basic package is quite cheap. Also have some other VST synths

I want to make a 2x84hp eurorack system with Moog DFAM and Behringer Neutron as main sound sources and add a few modules to it. I also own a Bastl Kastle which will integrate fine as has two cv I/O.

To comunicate with the compouter with the system I bought a cv.ocd.

I also have some guitar FX from my grindcore days (Metalzone, compressor, Phaser, eq..etc)

I will use the two audio inputs in my Kontrol audio 1 to feed both the Neutron and DFAM main outputs to the computer and sample and/or add extra FX. Also I can use the two extra outputs on the Kontrol 1 to send audio (extra oscilators, drumloops, etc..) into both DFAM/Neutron

This is my project so far:
ModularGrid Rack

I already bought both DFAM and Neutron; the modules I have thought off are Maths, ModDemix, Disting mk4 and to fill the 2hp gap maybe a clock divider/multiplier? I will make my own case with Doepfer DIY kit (I have just realiced the whole set up draws more than 1.2 amp...Maybe I could dissasemble the PSU from the neutron and fix it to the case, so the neutron would have its own psu and the rest the Doepfer rail.)

The cost will be 790€ for the DFAM/Neutron combo, another 700€ for the modules and around 200€ for the case. Even adding the Bastle Kastle and the cv it does not reach 2000€.

As I am making my own case I can also leave a 1Ux84 rack space empty on top to add some extra functions

Any thougths welcome