Thank you, everyone, for your input. It seems pretty clear that I'm lacking VCAs!

Lugia: I neglected to include my 2hp Mix module in the rack, probably because I was so focused on sound sources. My mistake. Thank you for how thorough you went, and especially for explaining the logic behind it--it became very clear for me after reading your note. I see what you're saying about big, sexy modules: I definitely allowed myself to get carried away with the Cloud Terrarium, for instance. I'm actually more inclined to get rid of that module over the Mysteron, since I use the latter for timbral modulation and randomness, and I think it has a good "ugly" sound, but honestly they tend to be among the lesser-loved. You're right in that I feel like I'm hitting a wall. Thanks for the suggestion on the Doepfer. I've been looking at more of their modules after getting the spring reverb, which is gorgeous and relatively cheap. As for the utility modules, what about a Cold Mac? As for the mults: I currently use a few Intellijel non-magnetic hubs, and haven't noticed any kind of a signal drop-off. Either way, I've been planning on getting a 7U Make Noise case, which I believe would solve that issue in the future though--right?

Liquid_air: Yeah, I've downsized quite a bit. I had a few MI modules, but I just didn't get along with them, and wasn't interested in the micro version. As for your questions, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I do use the MIDI in on the Mother-32 with a keyboard, but I'm not sure about your other question without an example.

Sudaunt: I've thought about getting a wogglebug or a Turing Machine, and I'm certainly not against having either. I'm not really too familiar with the Disting, but it looks like it does a little bit of everything. I'll certainly try it out. Thanks!