Actually, the results look more like you know what you're doing.

The Mother32 can do a lot of the basic nuts-n-bolts work, and all of the additions to it seem relatively well-chosen. For what you intend, I'm not seeing anything really problematic here. However, you might want to think twice about removing your 1U row. Tiles are a great, cost-effective and space-saving way to increase basic functionalities, and I'm pleased that some case builders are making room for them now; whenever I can put something of the sort into any of my build sketches, I definitely do when the case design allows for it. For example, one thing I note that's a bit absent here is some effect processing (assuming you don't use the Disting for it). With tiles, though, you can add a spring reverb easily enough via PulpLogic's tile for the interface + an internal tank. Extra LFOs, clock tinkering, basic logic, etc...all cheap and easy with tiles. Just keep in mind that Intellijel's tile format ISN'T the same as everyone else's and mixing theirs in with PulpLogic, Synisi, et al is something of a no-no.