this user has left ModularGrid
Thread: DivKid ochd

Thanks for reaching out. The module went defective several months ago, and I have since resolved the issue. I am just getting around to letting the world know about it now.
I was able to prove my module was defective at long last; however, it took so long that I was forced to replace the module with another LFO. I don't normally trust a module after it fails on me, so I sold Ochd.
I certainly don't mind providing videos. I have offered MANY videos to a long list of companies whose gear has failed while under warranty (I have even sent videos of the mute switches Befaco made for you). I am often put into a situation to prove myself to these people. I don't mind sending videos to troubleshoot the issue; however, I do not enjoy when people assume I am lying or just a fool who doesn't know how to use the gear.
Whenever I contact the manufacturers about failed modules, I get the same response, “This isn't the normal experience we see in eurorack”. However, with the high rate of manufacturer defect I have witnessed, it does seem like the typical experience from where I sit. Companies tell me there is a 1% failure rate within the eurorack industry, however, the failure rate in my studio is almost 40%. No lie.....
As for Instruo, the experience has been so bad that when the next Instruo module malfunctioned on me (which was the Scion, and it was still under warranty. In all, I've had three Instruo modules fail on me), I had a friend fix it rather than send it to Instruo. I initially contacted Instruo and sent several videos over the course of a week. He still didn't believe me. Even after I got back to him about how I had it fixed and that it was an issue with the input jack, he still acted like I was lying to him. Not a good way to run a biz. Especially when you charge top dollar for your devices.
My review here is to ensure others know about the low-quality standards of this company. I'd hate to have them find out the same way I did.