Think the ES-9 will be best for me to pick up ASAP then and that will also grant some utility with the 8 outs.

not utility (at least in the sense of utility modules in modular) - more functionality! think of utilities like plumbing...

I actually was looking at links and kinks before I took to here to ask advice. Also I've never used a matrix mixer, but definitely seems interesting. Think I will go ahead and make those purchases!
Maths I went back and forth with as I've seen its popularity as a beginner module and seems like I wouldnt have trouble reselling it if I ever wanted to. So I will go ahead and make that a priority as well.

make sure you get the illustrated manual - it's an online pdf and not from make noise! and full of patch ideas!!!

Think thats enough to help steer me in the right direction and make some choices ensuring I have a well rounded setup. I'm going to update my rack on here and I'm sure I'll be posting again asking for some patch ideas, or scouring the forums for them as well.

more than enough to be going on with for a good while!!

Really appreciate your feedback and hope your move goes well! I'm currently transitioning into a 5th wheel camper full time, so I'm about in the same boat lol All which supports me finally making the move into modular :)

-- amindy

thanks - you too!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities