Hi Mudi,

It's certainly an interesting concept you have there. "Writing" that line as a modulator is the main benefit in this demo I guess :-) In your demo I see only two voices right? So how many voices would be maximum possible? Is ratcheting possible? Is there a step editor for the (fine) adjustments? How many steps are maximum possible? Can each voice have their own step-length? Is backwards possible and random and ping-pong, etcetera (on a per voice basis)?

It's difficult to have an opinion on something where I still have so many questions ;-) What you could do for example is to download all the manuals of the main/major sequencers, like Erica Synths Black Sequencer and Erica Synths Drum Sequencer, Five12 Vector & Jack Expander, endorphin.es Ground Control, Frap Tools USTA, IME Stillson Hammer, Intellijel Metropolix, Make Noise René 2, Malekko Heavy Industry Varigate 8+, Squarp Hermod, Winter Modular Eloquencer, WMD Metron + extension modules and XOR-Electronics Nerdseq, just to name a few famous and most used sequencers; but there are many more.

For a list of medium and large sequencers please check out this website:

https://doudoroff.com/sequencers/

So you can compare the specifications of your sequencer against those already launched on the market. Perhaps a few functionalities you might not have covered yet? Once you covered all the functionality of those main sequencers, then your sequencer becomes extremely interesting :-) But is that feasible, I am not sure? I have thought myself of perhaps in the future building a sequencer as well however to cover all the functionality, hence to beat the competitors on all levels, might be close to impossible since there are several different types of sequencers that might be not easy to let them co-exist. For details see that above mentioned website that really provides a lot of information on sequencers.

For my own modular synthesizer I would prefer a module on its own (extension modules are totally acceptable), without the need of another controller, computer, tablet, smartphone or iPad, but that might be just me. But if it comes with a small module in Eurorack and an external controller (like your solution), then I would prefer a wired solution (not wireless like WiFi) for stability as well as for less interference in my studio setup.

Please keep us updated on how your project goes and perhaps you can share a website with us where we can find the details? Thank you very much and kind regards, Garfield.

Edit: removed typo and added one other little requirement ;-)

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads