Just noticed that it has been exactly one year to the day since I ordered my first modules. However mediocre and intolerable the sonic outcome of my creative endeavors, the fun, creativity, process, and community has made the last year a great experience, all things considered. :)
In the time since, I've put together a pretty nice instrument for myself. Adding cases and modules regularly to fill needs and wants, plugging holes in my racks, adding additional functionality, etc. I've tried to adjust the layout a bit at a time to accommodate new acquisitions, but the time has come to rearrange just about everything. I'm learning my own work and signal flow preferences, and trying to incorporate a more "performance oriented" layout.
Just curious how often you all rearrange your racks, if at all? At some point, a studio rack sort of takes on a life of its own. Do you all consistently rearrange modules to maintain your evolving workflow, or have you stopped trying to contain the beast? I'd much rather be experimenting and making some noise than unscrewing modules, so it would be cool to hear any insight into how you all approach this side of modular.
Thanks, and have a great day.

*Edit: Additional question, I have always started with a completely un-patched blank slate every day, but I'm moving towards leaving some module combos consistently patched. How often do you completely pull every patch cable and start over? What module combos do you leave plugged in long term?