Thread: Rack Advice

You need to start with an understanding of a basic signal path and routing in a subtractive synth. lfo - vco, filter, envelope, vca

Another type of setup would be additive, look up those concepts, read about them:

Subtractive, additive, wavetables, granular and wave slicing methods, Physical modeling, AM, FM, TZFM,,,,,read, listen, think and learn.

-- GunnarWaage

I'm familiar with all of these things, I've been working in VCV rack and MAX/MSP for almost 2 years and I've done plenty of research throughout that time. It's just that personally, when it comes to things like this I get somewhat anxious and feel like I need to know what I'm doing isn't wrong, so I want advice from people more knowledgeable than me. That said I have researched everything I've picked out at the moment and feel good about them, I just want to ensure that nothing is wrong before I devote so much time and money to them. I don't view it as people making the choice for me, I look at their ideas and spend time researching them and decide what to do after that.