You have a lot of real estate dedicated to the fixed filter bank, a very subtle module. I would consider eliminating that until you have expanded to a larger rack, and dedicate that space to VCAs that are more "hands on," the Doepfer Dual Quantizer, a sequential switch, and Pamela's New/Pro Workout as a master clock.

Totally! I've gone through the characteristics of the A-155 and I've seen that there are left some useful modules for sequencing, which is going to be a very important part in my next compositions. That's really nice. Also, I have not decided yet the size of the rack. I am just adjusting the size of the rack in the web to the width of what I put together and expanding it depending on my needs. We are quite handy in my family (carpenters), so I'll build the rails for the rack and the rack. And I take the recommendation: More VCA's and the useful modules for sequencing!

Also, many Doepfer modules are fairly deep so make sure your rack is deep enough to accommodate them. I was interested in the A154/A155 combination, but my rack could not accommodate the depth of the A154.

Mm... In principle, I know there will be some potential which I will not be able to get. But I think that is part of my own process of learning... I like to think about the usage while I have the things in front of me... Im more a guy who understands things when I see them (and turn knobs with an oscilloscope in front of me) :)

Finally, the layout you have here wouldn't be very ergonomic. Your cables will be criss-crossing and going all over the place. This is something you will figure out as you use your rack, so be prepared to move your modules several times until you settle on a layout that makes more sense. Think about how your 2600 is designed and try to mimic that signal flow as best you can.

That's totally true haha. The only modules I know they are in the right position is the input (the first) and the output (the last). I have to think about the flow and the position of the sequencer with the VCO's haha. My first thought was to replicate the formulation of the 2600... but I know Ill have to change everything each week haha.

Try to avoid 2hp-4hp modules unless absolutely necessary. You'll thank me later. It's tempting to squeeze in a tiny module to add some function that you need, but if you really want single function or one knob per function modules, bigger usually equals better when it comes to tweakability and fun. If you're trying to decide what to do with the remaining 2hp, put a blank panel there and invest in another case. It's hard to turn knobs with any precision when the knobs are tiny and buried in a sea of cables.

Yeah, that's probably true. In comparison with the bigger modules, they lack of functionality usually. And also the knobs as you say... Yeah, Ill think about it!

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks to you for such a wonderful answer! Appreciated!!! Have a nice day!

-- farkas

Sam