What I have researched so far regarding effects modules has lead me to 2 options at the moment due to the hp size and possible cost.

FX AID XL from Happy Nerding Vs Endorphin.es Milky Way - both at 6hp

The Milky Way with 16 effects is half of the XL

The search will continue...
-- EuroBadger

I have both the fx aid xl and the pro...

the biggest advantage the fx aid has over the milky way is that there are 200 algos available to load into 32 slots... not just 32 algos... or 16 in the case of the milky way...

the xl is very frustrating to work with though due to the use of LEDs as indicators for which slot is selected and needing a pdf to determine which algo is loaded in which slot...

seriously the pro is worth the extra hp and cost... it has almost all the algos pre loaded and most importantly has a screen so you can tell which algo is selected.... amongst other more useful features...

the xl is a great 2nd fx aid... you can set the 1st 32 slots on both to be the same - so the pro is a cheat sheet...

it may be a case of wait for the second case before getting one...but it is worth it...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities