Hey @JimHowell1970, this gives me a lot to think about, thanks.

NP

For how I'm currently mixing everything I have with a Mackie mixer and so im using the sends for reverb and delay. At one point i was trying to understand if i could just use attenuators to reduce the module output so i could still mix them in my cirrent mixer (this would also let me add effects how im doing it now for the boutique's).

you might find that the Mackie is fine without any attenuation - I used to use a Yamaha module without any and it was fine... the Mackie might have a pad feature that could help - if you experience clipping then just get an inexpensive passive attenuator (they'll always be useful) - a 2hp trim would work fine - as it's set and forget - and if you still have problems then you could try the veils clone, and then if you still have problems investigate output modules - I've never had one in 7 years, though

Your formula in your signature confirms what i was suspecting, that just some sound sources aren't going to take me far enough.
-- sporkandfoon

imo, they're often the least important thing... it's what you do with them and how you modulate the signal path that's important...

have fun!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities