you said it (the idea of a single manufacturer case being silly) & there are a few advantages - but I think the disadvantages outweigh them... part of having a modular is that it's your custom instrument - single manufacturer modulars in some way dilutes this, imo... yes you can patch it how you want and it includes whichever modules you want, but you're still sticking to a single manufacturers design philosophy... not necessarily a bad thing, but, well, not necessarily the best approach...
JimHowell1970

Yes, I am beginning to realise this more and more. In the overarching larger rack there are a multitude of different manufacturers, I was more referring to the Tape and Microsound Machine as a whole, but I’ve abandoned the idea of using only one manufacturer entirely.

re Pams menu diving... it's probably the least menu-divey menu I've ever used... select which channel you want to edit, select menu, select parameter, change parameter, done... and remember that once set up you can save it as a preset and reload it... I find this much easier to deal with than remembering button press combinations (Tempi) and Pams is much more powerful in a lot of ways than Tempi... not just triggers/gates, but also modulation, envelopes, quantized stepped random, etc etc...
JimHowell1970

I have watched extensive series on Pam’s Pro, and it’s an amazing piece of technology. I have pretty much completely abandoned the idea of using Tempi because Pam’s Pro is so much more flexible, not just as a clock, but modulation source, sequencer, etc.

you can use a midi->cv module, or a device with cv outputs... it's up to you...
mutant brain is a multi-channel cv->midi module...
cv.ocd is the exact same thing in an external unit...
JimHowell1970

Thanks, I have seen mention of the Mutant Brain a few times, but haven't checked it out as yet.

For what it's worth, I reached out to Make Noise as well, Walker Farrell responded almost immediately. After some back and forth he also suggested a dedicated midi to cv module. As much as I like the Arturia controller, I think this will give me the most flexibility within my current setup and not add any additional equipment into space I really don’t have.

As such I am currently leaning towards this, more or less:
ModularGrid Rack
The removal of the existing MN mult leaves enough space for mmMidi, Pam’s Pro and a spare 2HP, which at this point will be used for either a blank, a 2HP VCA or a 2HP buffered mult.

Thoughts on this as a system?

Thanks!

D