Hi, thank you, yes, I think it is quite cool too. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

"There seems to be a distinct delay between your input and 1. the quantization, and 2. hearing plaits."

The delay is a function of the 'End of Rise' gate out (EOR) produced by the guitar audio through channel 1 of Maths. The unity out is used as the envelope for the Plaits VCO that changes pitch in-key with every strum. The quantizer, Scales, does not simply continuously output pitch values. You'll note that there is a 'Trigger' cv in, which is where the 'End of Rise' gate is patched. So only after the peak of the guitar audio does the gate allow new pitches to be drawn from Scales. So, it will hold the pitch until the audio begins to close on the envelope and then it toggles the new pitch for the next strum and toggles the voice coming out of Rings.

"You're getting continuous quantization from a single gate as quantizers normally only send out a new pitch on each rising edge."

I'm not sure I understand, but hopefully this adds clearity. The Wogglebug goes into Scales and continuously toggles the pitch quantized to the key of G. When you put a cable into the 'Toggle' cv in, it overrides the continuous toggling of the good old sample and hold blasting out of the Wogglebug. Now, you can input a gate that determines the duration in which the Wogglebug, still continuously toggling the pitch, is allowed to modulate. Maths channel 1's side function is 'End of Rise,' which is the gate used to trigger Scales. This also accounts for the delay effect discussed above.

"How there is a delay between your input and actually hearing Plaits when the envelope controlling Plaits should also be near instantaneous, and starting at its highest level."

Plaits actually is sounding instantaneously, it is just a single droning pitch that accompanies the guitar strum. Listen again, you'll hear it. When I strum a chord, let's say C, Plaits will play a G or D, or whatever in-key pitch was toggled by the last strum, remembering from above that the sample and hold from the Wogglebug continuously toggles the pitch in the short duration between the peak of the guitar audio (fairly instantaneous), and the closing of the envelope. This interaction between the envelope and gate on different VCOs, Rings and Plaits, give this patch its awesome quality.

One truly feels like they are playing with their modular not mearly processing audio.

Hope this helps.
Also, I use principals from this patch in a lot of patches. Here is a short I made of a bouncing ball patch: