I took the "El Cheapo" plunge a few days ago and bought me a Nifty Case and 2 very small modules. I think it'll last me quite a while though. Because nowadays thare are a mother-load of modules to choose from that are only 4 to 8 HP wide.

-- MeneerJansen

What 2 modules did you buy? (Ah I have justed seen your 2 modules on your eurorack)

My set up began with a Plaits clone (Behringer Brains- but at 16HP its bigger than the original) as it was cheaper but meant I had a module that was my voice. I could play around with it and start my eurorack journey. I also bought a Ladik composser N (as my random turing machine) which is great and I think 4HP but as it was explained to me I did not have a "clock" to trigger the Ladik. So I went on the hunt for a second hand Pamelas new workout - which is amazing and have started to make more interesting sounds. The menu is very simple to pick up but I am now wondering what to get next?

My set up will become a semi/generative ambient unit in time but am in no rush to fill a case...just looking at modules wondering what will go well with what I have so far? Maybe I can buy another module before the end of the year.