Between the Ochd and Batumi - which one do you prefer? I was also thinking about adding the Vermona FourMulator later to a second rack as it has sample and hold. The Kermit is another option as well, but any thoughts on that? Patch and Tweak book recommended it for the built in VCA. For now, do you think the LFO on PAM’s will suffice for modulating Plaits and BIA?
-- Avesta

Personally I prefer Batumi as it is clockable and really easy to operate, but Ochd is hard to beat for the price and HP. I've never used the FourMulator or Kermit, but both also look excellent. Pam's will definitely suffice for modulating Plaits and BIA (and would have been my first recommendation if you didn't already have it). The only problem with Pam's is that it is so useful you find yourself using up all the eight outputs quicker than you might expect. A micro Ornament & Crime might also be worth considering as it offers a huge array of options in a similarly small form factor.

I’ll check the filters you mentioned. I was thinking of adding a Joranalogue Filter 8. Any thoughts on that? It self oscillates so I can use it as another sound source if I want. I would need VCA’s and Envelopes to make use of that feature right?
-- Avesta

Filter 8 is a really great all-rounder. Not only does it give you eight different filter modes (I particularly love the band boost+notch output) and great self-oscillation but it can also run in LFO mode giving you 8 phased LFOs and has a dedicated ping trigger for percussive sounds (and modulation). Definitely worth getting, but as you noted it would need a VCA and envelope generator to get most out of it as a voice. The thing to keep in mind about VCAs and envelopes though is that they're not just useful for shaping sound. A good VCA will also allow you to mix and modulate your modulation. A looping envelope will give you an LFO that you can change the shape of so becomes a great source of modulation in itself. A huge part of the fun is finding these things out as you experiment with them yourself.