hahaha - well usually when people start posting in a forum, they've hung around a bit and read a >load of other posts...

Or not. If a poster stays within the boundaries of the forum rules (if posted) then they can certainly post anything that is relevant and within those rules.

the general thinking on the subject of putting semi-modulars in racks is that it's incredibly wasteful -... so posting a video of something that should be discouraged

So what you're saying is that a post on this forum is supposed to adhere to the "groupthink" currently existing, rather than to an expression of an alternative option? Again, seems very odd to me.
For me, and for other people I have encountered, rack space is much more available than desk space. So moving a desktop synth into a rack is much much more effective than piling stand-alone synths on various flat surfaces. For me, putting a Mother 32 or Model-D in a rack is much much more efficient and useful than not. Others have many valid reasons for not doing that, but doing so is not wrong.

• is against the general grain of the forum and should be expected to meet with derision and sarcastic humour
    -- JimHowell1970

Responding to a valid alternate use for a synthesizer unit with "derision and sarcastic humour" seems a very hostile and unpleasant way to develop a community. Light hearted humorous responses certainly add spice to a forum and are fun, but not "derision". I will continue to not assume hostility to ideas that are valid but not part of some forum-universal thought-ban and post them.
Thanks for your feedback.
--ck