Haha. Man, I've had so many different iterations including a matrix mixer. Doepfer, AI, Future Sound Systems, Instruo... I can get a little of that from the Happy Nerding 3xMIA and I've considered adding another of those when they become available again. I think there is a shortage in the dual concentric pots.

well you did say roast!

shortages of everything - I swear I spent hours last night trying to find a electronics componenet dealer that had c0g capacitors and both lm6172 and cd4053 ics!!!

But, yeah... I'm sort of avoiding too many utilities, logic modules, and such that discourage a hands on approach. That's why I've got a few mixers without VCAs. I like to pretend I'm Lee "Scratch" Perry mixing an incredible dub session. hahaha
-- farkas

so you know that when they used to have to mix everything by hand - because they only had 2 hands - they had to get other people in to help move faders etc - get more utilities now I tell ya, might spare you from the corona!!! and there's a lot to be said for being able to be both a hands on and a hands off synthesist - and everything in between - with utilities, logic, vcas etc etc - you can choose to use them or not! without you don't get a choice

and you could play matrix mixers and vcas with your hands - just get the right ones - big chunky things with big knobs!!! - go on get a Doepfer Matrix Mixer, you know it makes sense!!!

at your stage of filled case - I'd be looking for the next case!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities