Hi GarfieldModular,

Thanks for the correspondence and ideas. To give you some context, this is my secondary rack. While my "big boy" rack isn't much bigger ( ModularGrid Rack ), between the two of them and several standalone synthesizers (one of the reasons I'm a bit light on oscillators and filters), including the Minibrute2 it is connected with....I can't complain about my hobbyist level. For the sake of space in my house and pocket book, filling out my eurorack and getting Glo the polyphonic whale, I mostly just want a rack that can do some intereesting sounds and rhythms.

Oscillators? Yes, I have two of them! The sinc iter is a tiny oscillator with lots of character (IMHO). I was originally going to get at least 4 of them and a midi->CV converter for some real polyphony. The MakeNoise telharmonic is quite nice as well (and if you haven't heard it, and like additive synth...check it out). Sure, I'd love more....so many delicious + lush sounding oscillators on the market today.

Ah, the Rene. I bought it thinking it would be the sequencer that would change my life. It....didn't. It's fine for what it is, but overall I wish I had gone for, say, a voltage block or something. If anyone wants to trade, I'd be down. Its actually one of the few modules I've bought that I kinda regret :/ I have a tiny rack it used to sit alone in, but honestly, I'd rather have other modules. I'm too cheap to just give it away at this point.

Overall, my main point of this rack is to design interesting (mostly monophonic) sounds and rhythms. So, yes, EGs, filters, and VCAs for the win. It is sitting on a desk with the minibrute2 (I love semimodular!), an OP-1 and the (admittedly seldomly used folktek mescaline) as (let's call it) station 2. My other rack is surrounding by...lots more keyboards and some pedals and what not in station 1. In some mythical world that I have space someday those stations will combine. I'd like to be able to do some decent drums....so the BI alter, yes, and something to make some creative rhythms....though I can always drive that from, say, the OP-1 sequencer (Kenton MIDI box not shown).